Ah, It’s Spring Break time. The weather in New York hasn’t made its turn, so I find myself making quick weekend trip down to Miami and Mexico. I have been working hard on my summer bod-
However how does oneself stay feeling sexy and fit while still enjoying their weekend fun in the sun with rosé, poolside snacks and traveling on the go?
Here are my tips to feel like the ULTIMATE BIKINI babe:
1. Prepare! Pack all kinds of swimwear. Find a bikini company that has many options. Luckily, I found Veranera Swimwear to flatter any mood I was feeling. After a flight, I am usually bloated and don’t always want to jump into a bikini. Veranera offers high waisted, one pieces, cheeky, etc. The last thing you want is to be stuck with one bikini for the whole weekend! Pack more than you need!
2. Pack healthy light snacks for the flight. Non salted Nuts, Carrots, peanut butter, etc. Flight food is filled with sodium.
3. Book a workout class! It’s always fun to explore a new city by taking a local fitness class allows you to see another side of town. I took Barrys Bootcamp in Miami Beach. Love the healthy area scene on Purdy Avenue filled with fresh juices and coffee shops.
4. Choose between day drinking or night drinking. Drinking often causes us to make the wrong food choices. Doubling up on both lowers our tolerances for choosing healthy nutritious meals. Trust me, I have been there- 4 rosés deep and I am ordering fish fried tacos ;). Another way to approach drinking is to count your beverages. I usually aim in an entire day for only 3 glasses of rosé, followed by a glass of water for each. Remember you are on vacation to be fabulous and look sexy, not to get sloshed. Stay away from sugary drinks- they often bloat you.
5. If you can’t find a workout class, power walk on the beach and do some lunges. I’ll do it in between sun bathing to re-energize myself.
6. Load up on fruit and vegetables! I have been seeing on beach menus “Acai bowls”, yum!
7. Order a salad for at least one of your meals throughout the day. A nutritious salad just keeps us on track of nutrients and easily fills us up for one meal. A personal Miami recommendation is- The delicious arugula salad at “ Kiki on the River” while enjoying one glass of rosé.
8. Last but not least, don’t beat yourself up if you had a little too much fun! Kick your butt when you get back home. Buy a new bikini as a reward to reaching your ultimate body goals.